Desktop Engineering at Michael's Foods
If you are interested in the below position please reach out to Mark Flaherty at 612-518-7630.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for design and implementation of all aspects of the desktop environment. Build, test, and deploy standard PC images, desktop patches, and software packages for computer users throughout the organization. Provide image creation software, automation, and documentation for use by IT Support Services. Work with vendors to understand industry trends and develop standards for all desktop hardware throughout the organization. Assist as needed in the asset management and software license tracking process. Identify, document, research, and resolve technical incidents, problems, and requests, and provide technical support to peers and users on a variety of issues and projects.
1. Maintain, deploy and support the desktop client images
2. Maintain detailed documentation as required
3. Ensure proper installation of supported software on all PC's throughout the organization
4. Ownership of all PC and virtual client images
5. Review, test and deploy monthly desktop patches
6. Create customized scripts and deployment packages for PC's
7. Provide data gathering and reporting solutions for the desktop environment
8. Perform initial testing to verify proper installation and configuration of products created
9. Perform research activities to stay current on future desktop, deployment, and discovery related technologies
10. Work with vendors to evaluate and recommend new desktop technology
11. Provide technical support for peers and users as needed
12. Document, track, escalate, and/or resolve incidents and problems as required
13. Work closely with management to understand IT support and project requirements
14. Adhere to all department and company processes and policies
15. Provide after-hours support as required
16. Strong customer service skills, organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize
17. 5-10% domestic travel may be required
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
1. 4-6 years’ experience in an IT infrastructure and support environment is required
2. Strong technical knowledge in desktop hardware and software is required
3. Experience developing and maintaining OS images utilizing Windows Deployment Server
4. Application deployment experience; maintaining and deploying applications utilizing msi or through deployment software such as SystemCenter
5. Experience with login scripts, group policies and automation scripts (PowerShell)
6. Advanced knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy.
7. Practical experience with SCCM and WSUS is required
8. Virtualization experience with Microsoft, Citrix and/or VMWare preferred
9. Awareness of the ITIL process framework is a plus
- Created on .