Cyber Advisors Opening
Job Description: Project Engineer (System Center)
Job Title: Project Engineer (System Center)
Reports To: VP of Technical Services
Prepared By: Paul Beasley
Approved By: TBD
Range: Depends on experience
A Project Engineer (System Center) is responsible for the consulting services in design, implementation and post-support of enterprise System Center infrastructure projects. They are capable of start-to-finish project deployments and can meet the challenges of an ever-changing technical environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, implementation and support of the Microsoft System Center suite for enterprise clients.
- Deploy various solutions including Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), or System Center Service Manager (SCSM).
- Create recurring revenue by providing high quality technical solutions and exemplary customer service.
- Serve as the technical lead and subject matter expert on projects.
- Work with the Project Manager to maintain current client communication and to address project-related issues.
- Assist sales team in identifying and closing opportunities through customer meetings and presentations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Work with customer to train, support and administer customized solution.
- Ensure successful implementation and go-live.
- Hypervisor platforms: Must have practical knowledge on how to create and troubleshoot virtual servers within Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare environments.
- Networking: Strong TCP/IP, DNS LAN/WAN connectivity, firewall configuration and troubleshooting skills, as they pertain to System Center products.
- Servers: Windows 2012 R2 Server platform, Active Directory troubleshooting and design.
- Software: Microsoft SCCM, SCOM, SCSM.
- Programming, scripting, and/or SQL experience preferred.
- Knowledge of imaging technologies, WSUS, MDS and MDT.
- Experience with System Center Data Protection Manger a plus.
- Knowledge of other Microsoft System Center components, with specific experience with Windows Server.
Bonus Skills: Quest tools, advanced Active Directory, third-party Management Packs, Linux flavors.
- Professional program in Information Technology or Computer Science with at least 3 years of experience preferred or an equivalent combination Microsoft MCSA, A+ and/or other certifications relevant to the position.
- At least 3 years of Technical Support experience (in a Tier 3 environment) including experience in a customer-facing or customer technical support role.
- At least 3 years of System Center design, installation or support experience.
- Two or more years of server and storage hardware design, deployment and administration preferred.
- Strong knowledge of virtualization technologies and strategies.
- Current MCSA or MCSE preferred with CCNA and/or CCDA certification a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently with general guidelines.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and research problems of a complex nature, make judgment decisions and recommendations as to their solution.
- Ability to respond quickly in emergency situations with strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent documentation and communications skills a must.
- Occasional travel required for training, seminars or remote work needs.
- Created on .