Job opening - Senior Desktop Engineer SCCM
Job posting number 9103BR
Senior Desktop Engineer SCCM
Inver Grove Heights
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our IT Client Services group. We are looking for a Senior Desktop Engineer SCCM to work closely with the Client Services Manager in the execution of all System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), desktop engineering and support functions. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and excellent team and collaboration skills with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Serve as a subject matter expert regarding planning, configuring and maintenance of the System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) infrastructure.
- Script application installation with PowerShell, VBScript or Windows command shell to utilize SCCM Application Model and manage/coordinate deployments.
- Manage workstation and application configuration through GPO and SCCM configuration baselines.
- Create and maintain desktop images, driver packages, boot images and modify MDT/SCCM task sequences for OS deployment.
- Package and deploy updates for Microsoft, hardware and 3rd party applications.
- Assist in the design, test and deploy Windows/Office 365 servicing plans.
- Mentor Desktop Support staff in support of SCCM.
- Create reports using TSQL and SSRS.
- Research and recommend automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Provide operational escalation and support of end user devices to users at corporate office and all field locations.
- Respond to escalated requests for technical assistance from other infrastructure teams.
- Participate in project work in support of the infrastructure.
- Create new support documents as well as maintain existing support documentation.
- Log, handle and close problem and change management tickets within incident management system.
- Resolve incident, problem and change tickets.
- Create change tickets and tasks as needed to follow the change management process.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (additional years of related experience may offset degree requirement)
- 3 plus years of enterprise support experience to include:
- Capturing images (.wim), creating packages, advertisements, task sequences, operating system deployment (OSD) and queries in MDT and SCCM •Creating PowerShell, VBScript or Windows Command Shell scripts •Expertise with release process, testing, approval and deployment processes •Extensive knowledge of Active Directory, Security Groups, OU's, managing shared resources, account management (creation, deletion and maintenance) and GPO validation/management/implementation
- Troubleshooting Windows Operating Systems (7, 8.1 and 10)
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- MCSE, SCCM, ITIL or CompTIA Security+ certified
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from Canada to Texas. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer.
- Created on .