Job opening at Wells Fargo: Cloud Automation Engineer
Link here and paste in this number for the search: 5436585
Acts in a technical role providing technical guidance and assistance to Platforming Hosting teams, and
Consultation with IT management for web systems environments. Provides the strategy and design for projects associated with web and e-commerce application installations, upgrades and deployments. Utilizes advanced technologies and methods to integrate cloud based systems with System Center to manage drift management, server configuration management, software distribution, monitoring and alerting. Develops new documentation and departmental technical procedures.
Responsible for support of the System Center Configuration Manager environment to provide automation supporting the Cloud Platform teams. Extensive use of scripting using PowerShell and VBscript to automate adherence to configuration policy and reduce configuration drift. Proactively address security and compliance related requirements as they pertain to middleware software versioning. Extensive software packaging will be required.
This position will be a team member within the Cloud Management Engineering that will be providing support to the Microsoft Azure private cloud platform and Pivotal Cloud Foundry cloud platforms amongst others.
- Serving as a key team member of the Cloud Platform Engineering Team.
- Responsible for operational build and support of the environment providing monitoring and alerting for ECS
- Design, build, and deploy automation to support and improve availability and performance metrics.
- Contributing to key processes including capacity management, business continuity planning, security planning, and configuration management.
- Responsible for patching and updates to servers as required for security vulnerabilities and compliance requirements.
Consult with Cloud Engineering as well as Cloud Operations teams regarding the management of the environments
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 2 + years of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager engineering experience
- 5 + years of PowerShell scripting experience
- 5+ years of IIS experience
- 10 + years of experience with Windows server operating systems
- 5+ years of MS Active Directory experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- MS SQL server experience
- VM Ware experience
- 1+ years of experience with MS Azure cloud computing technology
Other Desired Qualifications
- 1+ year of experience with Azure App Service
- 1+ year of experience with Azure Web Apps
- Experience with the following are very strongly desired:
- 1+ year of experience with Azure Policy
- 1+ year of experience with Azure Automation
- Experience with VMWare ESX
- Experience with Microsoft Clustering
- Experience with 24/7 production support of a large scale enterprise hosting platform
- Flexibility to work additional hours (after-hours) may be required as needed for deployments
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment
- Created on .